Volume 68, Number 4 (October 2011), of the Institute of General Semantics’s quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics will be out soon in the mail and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- “The Spectacled Society: General Semantics and a Painters Process” by Dom Heffer
- “Corporate Identity Metaphor as Constitutive Discourse in Miniature: The Case of New China Life” by Peter Zhang
- “Appreciative Inquiry + General Semantics → IFD Disease Resistance” by Mary P. Lahman
“Townsend Hell vs. Townsend Hall” by Lynn Chih-Ning Chang
- “My Culture Shock Experience” by Lynn Chih-Ning Chang
“For A.K.” by Joseph Gold
- “Memorandum” by Bill Petkanas
- Five Poems:
“Words Fail” by Heather Statz
“The Right Question” by Heather Statz
“Doublespeak” by Heather Statz
“My Doublespeak” by Heather Statz
“In a Sentence” by Heather Statz
- “Reading Korzybski through Nietzsche” by Zhenbin Sun
- “Language Power: Korzybski’s Interdisciplinary Methodology” by Blake Victor Seidenshaw
- “‘She Just Called You Honey’: My Quandary at Waffle House” by Brett Lunceford
- “The Oxford English Dictionary: A Time-Binding Marvel” by Martin H. Levinson
- “‘The Map Is Not the Territory It Represents’: Consequences on the Evaluation-Intervention Process” by Gérard Lavoie
- “The Teacher as Cultural Worker: Overlapping Insights from Sociology and General Semantics” by Mary Bachaspatimayum
- Metaphors in Action:
“Is the Universe Information?” by Raymond Gozzi, Jr.
- Plus Book Reviews.
The cover of ETC 68:4 is a work titled “Society of the Spectacles II: The Sequel—in 4D!” by Dom Heffer.