Volume 69, Number 1 (January 2012), of the Institute of General Semantics’s quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics will be out soon in the mail and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- “Silent Cal and the Invisible Audience: the Sociotechnological Significance of the Presidential Voice” by James Eric (Jay) Black
- “Science Fiction Language/Political Reporting: Communicating News via Words from Nowhere Real” by Marleen S. Barr
- “No One Saw This Coming: Korzybski’s Concerns, Predictions, and Time-Binding Suggestions” by Milton Dawes
- “Indexing Africa” by Martin H. Levinson
- “Binding Places and Time: Reflections on Fluency in Media Ecology” by Karen Lollar
- “Twitter and the New Publicity” by Joseph Faina
- “Chronemics: Time-Binding and the Construction of Personal Time” by Tom Bruneau
- Metaphors in Action:
“A Music Concert as a Metaphor” by Raymond Gozzi, Jr.
- “Probes: Homo Faber” by Peter Zhang
- Plus Book Reviews.
The cover of ETC 69:1 is a work titled “Golan Thorns” by Kyle Perler.