Volume 71, Number 2 (April 2014), of the Institute of General Semantics’s quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics has been mailed and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- “Media Literacy as an Ethical Obligation: A General Semantics Approach” by Lance Strate
- “‘Living History’ as the ‘Real Thing’: A Comparative Analysis of the Modern Mountain Man Rendezvous, Renaissance Fairs, and Civil War Reenactments” by Patrick McCarthy
- “Political Catchwords: Linguistic Maps That Shape Politics and Governance” by Martin H. Levinson
- “The Next Generation: An Analysis of Autism through Media Representation” by Alexandria Prochnow
“The Challenges Facing General Semantics” by Ben Hauck
- Metaphors in Action:
“Convergence” by Raymond Gozzi, Jr.
- “Interview with IGS President Martin H. Levinson” by Edward Tywoniak
“Vitalism in Ivie” by Peter Zhang
- From the Vault:
“Towards a Theory of Protest” by Kenneth E. Boulding
“Korzybski’s Quest” by Gerald Haslam
“Our Computational Culture: From Descartes to the Computer” by Berg R. Dreyer
“Fanaticism: The Panhuman Disorder” by Margaret Mead
“Surroundings” by Ross Jackson
“A Persistent Lack of Gravity” by Ross Jackson
“Syllogism” by Jane Blanchard
“Resolution” by Jane Blanchard
“Erasure” by Jane Blanchard
- Plus a Letter from the Editor and News and Notes.
The cover of ETC 71:2 is from a painting by Tana Lehr titled Any Road.