On November 14, 2008, IGS hosted the 56th Alfred Korzybski Memorial Lecture at the Princeton Club in NYC. Douglas Rushkoff gave the AKML.
On November 15-16, 2008, IGS followed with a two-day symposium at Fordham University titled “Creating the Future: Conscious Time-Binding for a Better Tomorrow.”
To read the program for the event, click here.
UPDATES (as of 11/26/2008)
- Freelance photographer Robert Barry Francos took photos of many of the speakers at the weekend’s events. View photos from the big weekend by clicking here.
Listen to Douglas Rushkoff’s lecture below:
- Douglas Rushkoff’s Alfred Korzybski Memorial Lecture, with an introduction by Lance Strate:[audio:http://www.generalsemantics.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/rushkoff.mp3]
- Listen to an alternate version:[audio:http://www.generalsemantics.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rushkoff2.mp3]
- You can also stream Douglas Rushkoff’s lecture here.
Read press and blogs from the event at the following locations:
- Douglas Rushkoff’s account of “the biggest honor [he’s] had as a public speaker” – Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
- New York Press‘s Brian Heater’s account of the AKML – New York Press
- IGS Executive Director Lance Strate’s account of the weekend – Lance Strate’s Blog Time Passing (Entry 1)
- IGS Executive Director Lance Strate’s corrigenda from the AKML – Lance Strate’s Blog Time Passing (Entry 2)
- Photographer Robert Barry Francos’s account of the weekend and accounts of Neil Postman – FFanzeen: Rock ‘n’ Roll With Integrity (Entry 1)
- Selected photos by Robert Barry Francos from the event – FFanzeen: Rock ‘n’ Roll With Integrity (Entry 2)