Volume 71, Number 1 (January 2014), of the Institute of General Semantics’s quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics has been mailed and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- “The Cult/Ure of Personality” by Thom Gencarelli
- “A Time to Keep Silence, and a Time to Speak” by Michael Moore
- “Ten Common Blocks to Clear Thinking with General Semantics Correctives” by Martin H. Levinson
- “[P] etc.” by Dominic Heffer
- “Ten Cautionary GS Lessons from World War I” by Martin H. Levinson
- “Indexing, Dating, Etc., in Higher Education” by Gary H. Mayer
- “Awareness and Action: A General Semantics Approach to Effective Language Behavior (Part 4) — Inference-Observation Confusion: Distinguishing between Observation and Inference)” by Mary P. Lahman
- “Perspective: Some Thoughts on Current and Future Directions for GS” by Martin H. Levinson
“Aristotle’s Fourfold Causality, Tetralemma, and Emergence” by Ben Zhang and Bill Guschwan
- From the Vault:
“The Narrow-Gauge, Broad-Band Medium” by Ben Bakdikian
“The Ambiguity of Perception” by Gary Gumpert
- “Wading in the Shadows” by Barry Liss
- “Et Cetera” by Catherine Zickgraf
- “Surroundings” by Ross Jackson
- Plus News and Notes.
The cover of ETC 71:1 is from a painting by Nicole Wilson titled The Dreamer.